[TriLUG] OT: maps.google.com satellite maps

Greg Brown greg at airlannetworks.com
Wed Apr 6 13:32:05 EDT 2005

Actaully, Brian M had it right, these are irrigated fields.  Some
mathematician at some point figured out that the most efficient use of
water to irrigate a crop was in this circle manner.   Crops like that
can be seen all over the South West USA.  The arm in that waters the
crop starts at the center and rolls around in a circle thus providing
water to the entire crop evenly.  It's boring as can be to watch,
unless it's sped up, then it's funny.

Greg