[TriLUG] I'm willing to pay...

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:51:52 EDT 2005

Related to my previous post regarding downloading files:  I am
currently in the process of replacing everything that I have (Windows
stuff) with Linux.  I process and print medical & collection bills and
I have been programming with Visual Fox and VB for years.  I am trying
to switch all of my desktops and servers over to Linux and replace my
VB & VFP text & database conversion programs with PHP & MySQL,
automating stuff to the web as I go along.  I have been using/playing
with Linux for several years now and I used to work on Unix for AT&T
back in the late 80's so I'm not a total newbie, but I do wonder if
I'm doing things the right way sometimes.

Given these factors I was wondering if anyone would be interested in
talking with me one evening and letting me run everything I want to do
past you just so I can get a better handle on where I need to be with
everything.  Maybe I have the wrong idea on some stuff, or I might
need to use different tools or another distro.  At a minimum I'd
really just like someone to critique my plan and give some advice.
I'd be willing to pay someone a reasonable fee for an hour or so of
your time if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Mark.