[TriLUG] WinXP in QEMU?

Steve Kuekes skuekes at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 7 17:36:23 EDT 2005

I use the latest Qemu and it has a kernel module that allows ring 3 code
to run native on the processor.  Only ring 0 code is emulated.  It runs
quite nicely using win2k on my AMD 2800.  I also use it for Quicken,
since I use quicken billpay, its the only windows app that I couldn't do
without.  Since I installed win2k under QEMU I don't have to dual boot
my system to use quicken.  I don't know about XP home under QEMU though.