[TriLUG] kdeinit explodes

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 14:08:46 EDT 2005

I'm running Mandrake 10.1 Official with KDE.

Once in a while, a kdeinit process will start sucking down CPU cycles like
there's no tomorrow.  That is accompanied by various things not working, for
example I can't get konqueror to start.  If I try to start it from the
command line, I can't get any useful feedback out of it.  The only way to
kill he kdeinit process is with a SIGSTOP.  Even once it's been killed
though, the broken stuff remains broken.

Is there somewhere I can look for kde logs or some information about what's
going on?  I'm just not sure how to go about investigating this.  Any initial
suspicions?

Thanks,

Michael Hrivnak