[TriLUG] thunderbird

jbrigman at nc.rr.com jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 14:28:56 EDT 2005

What the HECK is WRONG with Evolution? It's tantalizing in it's capabilties, but I found a number of serious problems:

- It is bad slow, whether blacklist spamblock is enabled or not
- Can't use the "send as new message" function to re-send an email you've just received,
- Can't select/cut/paste from a received email into a new composing email,
- When you do cut/paste something, you've got to do it slowly and not switch the windows too fast, or the paste buffer will just belch everything out and have nothing in it.

I don't get it: Evolution's been around much longer than Thunderbird - I would've thought it would be rock solid by now. I'm running, not walking, back to Thunderbird.

So, what are you guys who are moving back to Thundertird going to do for Calendaring?

JKB