[TriLUG] thunderbird

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 15:08:34 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:28, jbrigman at nc.rr.com wrote:
> What the HECK is WRONG with Evolution? It's tantalizing in it's capabilties, but I found a number of serious problems:
>
> - It is bad slow, whether blacklist spamblock is enabled or not

Evolution rocks for me. Not slow at all. You must have some other system
problem causing evolution to be slow.

> - Can't use the "send as new message" function to re-send an email you've just received,

Huh? Cut/New/Paste/Send ==>
That's not really a feature I really crave.

> - Can't select/cut/paste from a received email into a new composing email,

Now that is nutz. You really have some system problems if you can't cut
from you emails and then paste them again. What OS are you running, and
what windows manager (KDE, Gnome, etc...)?

> - When you do cut/paste something, you've got to do it slowly and not switch the windows too fast, or the paste buffer will just belch everything out and have nothing in it.

Again, this is a system problem....

> I don't get it: Evolution's been around much longer than Thunderbird - I would've thought it would be rock solid by now. I'm running, not walking, back to Thunderbird.

I've been using Evolution for over three years now. I've found it to be
a thoroughly useful email tool. And of course I love the calendaring.

Still, Open Source is all about choice - so have at it! and good Luck.

Jon Carnes