[TriLUG] Evolution

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Sat Apr 9 19:29:14 EDT 2005

Regarding my post about never having issues with Evolution in the
preceding Thunderbird thread... I just found one!

This has actually always annoyed me, but I never really think about
being an issue...

If I have an instance of Evolution running on some VD, and may not
realize it, I go to launch Evolution from the panel - this launches
another instance - and it doesn't load properly, probably because the
already running instance has locked some files or something. Anywhoo,
I'm left with a blank (no folders, messages) instance of Evolution that
takes about 10 seconds to close. Then I move on, scrolling through VDs,
looking for my open instance.

Anyone else have this problem? Any workarounds, short of writing a shell
script that searches for an instance?

--Aaron