[TriLUG] Reminder: old gear

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Apr 14 09:33:53 EDT 2005

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi at epa.gov,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph at epa.gov

trilug-bounces at trilug.org wrote on 04/14/2005 09:21:47 AM:

> Just to remind everybody; I've got a trunk full of old gear (mostly
> Pentiums) I'll be offloading at tonights meeting.

It occurs to me that there must be something useful that can be done
with
old gear but I don't quite know what, not having had much success in
giving
away old gear myself, at least to other computer people. But then my
partner
suggested I ask the guards or janitors where I work if they knew of
anyone.
The first woman I talked to eyes lit up. She said she had 9
grandchildren
and it was clear that she would take any number of computers that I had.
Maybe we don't know the right people to give them to.

Joe