[TriLUG] Reminder: old gear

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 10:56:40 EDT 2005

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

><snip> It occurs to me that there must be something useful that can be done
>with old gear but I don't quite know what<snip>

   Well, most of what I scrounge from triLUG ends up at the Chatham
Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store. A couple of volunteers (and I) fix
them up and the store sells them.
   So check with your local thrift store. They may be able to use used
gear, but some may need a "complete and working" computer - they may not
have staff who can deal with software issues or pieces/parts.

john mitchell