[TriLUG] westell usb modem drivers for linux

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Tue Apr 19 09:38:02 EDT 2005

Well I finally got it to work.  Here what I did on the westell router.
1) in the vc configuration, i set it up for bridging
2) I turned off the dhcp support
3) I turned off the dns server.

The box is now just a passthrough box, with one hitch, I have no way of
managing it or moniting it  because all management is by tcpip and now
it is a bridge.

Hence, my question about usb ethenet driver for the westell

If I could plug this in, it would be a brige on the ethenet,  but I
could could be directly connected on the usb and that would be nice.

Chip