[TriLUG] Re: 16 bit DOS apps under Linux?

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Apr 19 09:22:05 EDT 2005

Greg,
      I haven't had those problems on the Red Hat systems I set it up on,
but if freedos doesn't work for you, you can always transfer the dos from a
windows98 emergency boot disk ( if you have a valid license of Windows98,
of course) or old DOS 6.0 boot disk and that will also work as a basis for
dosemu.

Doug

>> Greg,
>>       Ive had success ( quicken6 for dos, etc)  with the dosemu /
freedos
>> combo http://www.dosemu.org/ , but I never tried to connect to a serial
>> port.

>Hi Doug,

>I've had nothing but failure under both dosemu and freedos. It made the
whole
>computer unstable. I'm wondering what you did that I didn't do.

>SteveT

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null