[TriLUG] drbd & ha-nfs -- was clustering or server mirroring

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 19 09:55:45 EDT 2005

I can't find the drbd link.  We use it at work ( or rather want
to use it), and I'm collecting info on it.

It is really cool.  DRBD is basically software mirroring of two disks.
Add HA-NFS and you have a system that can handle live failover of an
NFS server ( NFS, really.  I'm not making this up).

Once the primary comes back, the software resynchs any data that changed
on the disk.

b²