[TriLUG] Debian and Cacti.. upgrade causes php4 to seg fault ?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sat Apr 23 16:02:53 EDT 2005

Greg Foster wrote:
> Morning Folks,
>
> Moved to 2.6.12-rc2 a week or so ago, and recently pulled down some
> updates.  Now after a reboot, the cacti poller with php4 yields the
> ever-so-informative 'segmentation fault'.
>
> Anyone else seeing this ?  I'm thinking it's a library issue.  May
> have to downgrade php4.
>
> Greg.

Just as a simple suggestion, have you tried running "ldd" against the
binary that segfaulting?  If it is indeed a library problem, you may get
some insight into what library it is unable to find.  If it's a library
incompatibility problem, you'll have to investigate through other means,
of course.

Aaron S. Joyner