[TriLUG] Samba printing problems

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Apr 25 22:09:51 EDT 2005

Don't use Samba.  It is horrible for printer support.  Use CUPS on the
Linux side and create a local printer using LPR port.

You'll have to install the "Print Services for Unix" package that comes
with 2000 and XP in order to use the LPR port.

This topic has been discussed in greater detail a few months ago.  You
can search the archives of this listserv for the details if you need more.

Jeff G.

--
Jeff Groves
email: jgroves at krenim.org             Web Site: http://www.krenim.org/