[TriLUG] PHP

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 29 10:57:25 EDT 2005

Personally I think PHP is the way to go.  PHP can run on nearly any
system and I feel it will be further adopted by nearly every OS.  Once
the basics of PHP are learned your students might gravitate to learning
relational databases once they see the how well PHP works with
databases.  It's all wonderful, wonderful stuff.

That said the market overall is probably stronger for vb and with
longhorn starting to look more and more like a re-release of XP with
pretty graphics vs should be around for a while to.  If history is a
guide to the future it will probably be 10 years before we see the next
real version of any MS os.

Greg