[TriLUG] mySQL Data Import

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:12:02 EDT 2005

I have a database running on network solutions domain hosing platform
and I am having trouble with importing data into a table.  I am trying
to import a tab-delimited data file from my local system into a table
on the netsol system with the following command: "load data local
infile 'c:/pfs_a.txt' into table pfs_trans fields terminated by '\t'
lines terminated by '\r\n';"  The system gives me the error 'Command
used is not supported in this version of MySQL.'

What is the next best way to get my 1000 record file imported into a
MySQL table?

Thanks,
Mark.