[TriLUG] Anyone know of a good web host?

Mike Fieschko mike.fieschko at devmike.com
Mon May 2 16:48:22 EDT 2005

On Mon, 02 May 2005 08:38:00 -0400
Jeff Tickle <jtickle at jtsoft.net> wrote:

> I've never had a bad experience with AssortedInternet.com.  However, I
> did move away from them in favor of Linode (www.linode.net).  Linode
> is sweet because you get a User Mode Linux account.  Of course this
> isn't a turnkey solution; you have to manage everything yourself just
> as though it were your own server, but I like that sort of freedom.
>
> -Jeff

[snip]

Ditto on Linode.  When I was moving to Raleigh from New Jersey last
year, I looked into hosting companies, and with my Linode account, I can
do unlimited virtual hosts on my apache server, run my own mail, ssh,
ftp, irc, whatever I want.  Installing, upgrading  and running Debian on
it is a snap.

Another NYLUGger's favorable testimonial when I was investigating was a
major influence on my decision.

--
Mike Fieschko
Raleigh, NC