[TriLUG] Jason Faulkner -- running for Steering Committee

Jason Faulkner jasonlf at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:29:44 EDT 2005

Hi, my name is Jason Faulkner, and even though I'm a relatively new
member to the lug -- I feel I have quite a bit to offer.

Although my job is not a technical one, I have quite a bit of
experience with Open Source Software projects, including being a
maintainer for the No-Sources kernel patchset and being a Marketing
Contributer for OpenOffice.org. Also, I've been published in Linux
Magazine, as well as other non-tech journalism experience.

My work in marketing, as well as my experience in journalism would be
very benefitial to helping to market the LUG, and help introduce our
group into the press and local journalism, raising awareness about
both the LUG and open source software in general.

It is important that TriLUG, in addition to being a 'support group'
for 'linux addicts', be a staunch marketer for Open Source in our
area, by raising awareness of the local press.

I think the addition of my marketing and journalism experience to the
Steering Committee would be an excellent first step in brining this to
fruition.

--
Jason Faulkner
OldOs.org Owner/Admin / http://oldos.org / jason at oldos.org