[TriLUG] fdisk partition question

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 23:10:03 EDT 2005

I used the onboard controller for the OS partiton.  I used a HP 6402
controller for the direct attached storage, that card has more circuitry
than most workstations.  As far as using a hot spare, if we lose 1 disk I
would hope that we could get a replacement before losing another one.  HP
usually has us another disk within 24 hours, however I have been
contemplating using a hot spare.  My question is that since the controller
will not support a logical drive larger than 2TB must I have a hot spare
for each logical drive.
Thanks,
Chris