[TriLUG] AI software for Linux

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Thu May 5 10:14:46 EDT 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Matt Frye wrote:

> I'm doing a bit of research and am looking for recommendations of
> software kits, etc for developing AI (particularly evolutionary)
> algorithms.  I've got a line on a few candidates, but don't have the
> time to needle through the nooks and crannies on each and every
> package.
>
> Anyone had experience in this area and found a particular set of tools
> to be efficient, etc?
>
> Matt Frye

Not an answer, but you might be interested in this course at NCSU.

http://engineeringonline.ncsu.edu/onlinecourses/coursemarketing/
summer05/ECE591Z.html

It is part of the online program so you watch the class using Real
media, email questions, submit assignments all online. You do have to
have a proctor for the exams (NCSU can provide or you can get someone
at your office or local library). Cost is under $600 for the 3 credit
hour course.

John