[TriLUG] Phone to use with PC

sjackson at radarfind.com sjackson at radarfind.com
Thu May 5 15:09:17 EDT 2005

Easiest way I know is to use a Nortel/Aastra Meridian 9617 USB phone.  Plugs
right in to the PC's USB port, and either the phone or the computer has full
control over the comings and goings.  What number dialed, when, how long,
etc.  Phone is a 'real' phone, full featured, display, two line, etc., with
one of the top three rated speakerphones, ever.  A real pro-grade
instrument, which works fine without the computer as well.  This phone
operates out-of-the-box with W*ndows PnP, and I assume a qualified
programmer could make it work in another OS, with little difficulty.