[TriLUG] MP3 Ripping Software

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Thu May 5 17:07:45 EDT 2005

Wow, cdparanoia is awesome.  It takes forever (so far I've recovered one
track...), but the mp3 that it made seems not to have any errors in it
(sounds great).  Actually, I'm using a tool called cdmp3 that is really
just an interface to cdparanoia.  So how can I use cdparanoia to burn
another copy of the disc?  Or can flac also do all the fancy error
correction?  I tried to read the disc on my winsucks computer and it
crapped out, whining and crying about how it couldn't read the disc...
So making a copy of the disc would be best, but how?  (Keep in mind that
I need thorough instructions, as I have actually never burned a CD in
Linux before!)

Randy