[TriLUG] gpsmap experience

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon May 9 09:45:07 EDT 2005

Glenn Meyer wrote:
> Yep, you gotta play on their fears a little to get the to fork over the
> cash.
>
> You bring up a good point that I haven't yet worked out a complete
> solution for....  How to successfully sell without scaring them or
> making them feel threatened.   However, it is a potential danger -
> especially business (my main interest as customers).  They need to know
> and get it locked down to a reasonable level.

It should be noted that a guy went to jail not too long ago by
approaching an area hospital with an offer to help secure their wireless
network that he had found was wide open.  Not sure if he was convicted,
but he was brought up on charges:
http://www.wral.com/news/2465963/detail.html

The security industry does not need to be all about fear, uncertainty,
and doubt.

Mike