[TriLUG] Mail server back up

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:43:38 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

If you get this message, then the mail server and all the mailing lists are
back up.  There are still a few things that need to be shaken out, though.
For one, the public archives are currently down.  Also, there are a couple
of people who may not have had all their e-mail synced over to the new
imap server and you may find older e-mails you had previously deleted
on the new imap server.  If you are missing e-mails, please let me know
and I'll look into it.

Some things to note about the new server:

All mailboxes are now sub-mailboxes of INBOX.
Folders can hold both messages and sub-folders.
The delimiter between folders has switched from / to .
procmail is no longer supported.  In its place, use sieve.
there is a web program to setup sieve at
https://talon.trilug.org/cgi-bin/websieve.pl

This should be the only major interuption in service we have
in our move to the new server (crosses fingers!).  The only
things left to move now are web pages, databases and
jabber.  Hopefully we can do that soon, but it should
all be fairly transparent.

Tanner Lovelace
TriLUG SC Chair

--