[TriLUG] Re: new IMAP server -- folder missing

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:31:41 EDT 2005

Ok, here's what it looks like happened.  The folder in question
was named TCNi.folder.  Notice the period in the folder name.
In the new server, you can't have a period in the name since
that's the folder seperator (think / in a directory context).  What
the sync script tried to do, though, was invert the separators.
That is, the old server used / and the new one uses . so
replace all .'s with /'s.  Unfortunately, you can't use / in
a folder name either, so it failed. :-(  Fortunately, I figured
out how to transform them into dashes and will be checking
for mailboxes on moya that had periods in them and resyncing.
Sorry for the mess up and thanks for bearing with us.

Tanner