[TriLUG] openwrt and the wrt54g (NOT a gs)

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu May 12 19:23:32 EDT 2005

Okay.  So I picked up a wrt54G so I could play with OpenWRT.  I have
firmware version v3.03.6.  The ping exploit seems to be fixed in this
version.  I try to back-rev to pervious versions 2.02, 2.08, etc and,
when I do, I get the very engrishy "Upload Are Failed" message.

Has Cisco set this buggars not to back-rev anymore?  That seems
awfully heavy-handed and unnecessary, but knowing linksys, they may
have changed hardware (again) like they did on the 802.11b units.

Has anyone uploaded OpenWRT with 3.03.6?  If so, how?

Back to google...

Greg