[TriLUG] Linux on Alpha...

Michael Sh mnh_222 at lycos.com
Sat May 14 11:42:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

For reasons of nostalgia, I went looking for a DEC VAX machine, and ended up with a few DEC Alpha's.  (2) servers (an EB64+ and a PC164LX), a DEC 3100 workstation (3000/300L), and a DEC Multia UDB (sort of an early version of a micro-box)...  One will run OpenVMS (also for nostalgia purposes), but the others will be set up as practical linux boxes.  I've been looking at "Alpha-Linux" and Debian/GNU Linux's Alpha port.  Is there anyone on the list running either or another distribution on an Alpha that could give me a few pointers or caveats?

Mike