[TriLUG] OpenWRT and the WRT54G - adj. power?

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:34:38 EDT 2005

Check out the "wl" command, especially with the "txpwr" parm.

Be careful though, if you ramp the radio power too high, heat becomes
an issue.  I hear that 40-50 is a good safe range that gives you
better power than stock, the added noise is not significant, and the
heat will still dissipate without fans.

YMMV -

Shane O.

On 5/18/05, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to adjust the power output of a WRT54G 802.11g signal
> running openWRT?  I see that it is possible using some other types of
> firmware, but I was wondering if anyone had accomplished with using
> openWRT.  So far google, and openwrt.org, searches have not yielded
> fruit.
>
> Greg

Shane O.
========