[TriLUG] Sys-Con - LinuxWorld Owner figures ad homminemattacksare ok

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Fri May 20 15:34:48 EDT 2005

Christ!  I had to go to DVORAK to find the answer.  The web has sunken
to a new low.  Anyway, he is basically parroting the line I've been
spewing for years -- Crazy zealot Linux maniacs make for bad community
members.  Great to see how the mainstream media can catch on after only
a few years of being told what is happening...

best bits included below:
-----
"And apparently it doesn't take much provocation, as the Linux
community is slowly evolving into a state of mob rule, with the
cheerleaders being paranoid crackpot leftovers from the waning days of
Amiga. "Too nutty even for the Mac community? We welcome you!"

Now these lunatics are issuing death threats? I can tell you that my
mere mentioning of any of this will result in incredibly hateful
attempted postings on this forum and on my moderated blog. What is
wrong with these people?

If anything is going to kill Linux and the open-source movement, it's
the presence of certifiable lunatics in the ranks representing the
users. It may be that this is actually a deep Astroturf PR campaign
orchestrated by Microsoft to discredit open source and Linux. It sure
seems like something weird is going on.

I can tell you this much: Normal people do not like being associated
with fanatics and lunatics. Once Linux gets the image as the OS for the
criminally insane, it's a dead duck. Unless the community gets a handle
on this, grows up, and rebukes the extremists, the trash heap of
history is where this is all headed."
-----
All in all, this sounds like a cat fight that got out of hand.  We
haven't seen that around here, have we?

d.m.