[TriLUG] Re: Build A Kernel

Jonathan Mills jonmills at email.unc.edu
Mon May 23 14:39:53 EDT 2005

And by the way, the kernel build process has been greatly simplified
under the 2.6 kernels.  This is all you need to do:

1) cd /usr/src/linux (or wherever you're kernel source is)
2) make mrproper  (may or may not be necessary, depending on circumstances)
3) make xconfig (or menuconfig, or whatever you're using to build the
.config file)
4) make all
5) make modules_install
6) make install