[TriLUG] Build A Kernel

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Mon May 23 15:45:00 EDT 2005

As mentioned by a few others, you missed the make config part.  I would
suggest running make xconfig and then load the latest fedora core 2
kernel config file (can be found in /boot directory).  That will give
you a start with the config fedora used for the last kernel on your
system.  Then make some modification is you wish.  After that save your
config (which will generate your .config) and continue with your kernel
build.

Just to let you know, I currently am running the kernel.org 2.6.11.6 on
my Fedora Core 2 system.  It compiled perfectly and runs great.  Just
another step in keeping my system updated until Fedora Core 4 final
comes out (then I'll migrate).

Also if your friend needs the latest Mozilla packages (with the security
fixes) I built a couple of rpms for Fedora 2.  You will need the
dependency packages in the directory as well.  Use at your own risk, I
just know they work for me.

http://www.cafaro.net/david/rpms/

Cheers,
David