[TriLUG] OT: Remote Reboot Power strip

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon May 23 22:46:41 EDT 2005

Jon Carnes wrote:

>...Thus the subject of this off-topic missive: Remote Reboot Power Strips.
>
>Anyone have some nice recommendations...

I've used the APC MasterSwitch versions for years.  I highly recommend
them, as they are relatively cheap on Ebay, and they're usually very
reliable.  At my current job, we use (literally) hundreds of them.  You
can also find pretty good deals on guaranteed new ones off pricegrabber
or Froogle.  You get 8 ports, usually Ethernet management as well as
serial, and it doubles as a convenient power strip.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner