[TriLUG] fun (yet stupid) new linux project!

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Tue May 24 21:43:49 EDT 2005

Okay, as dumb as this sounds here is what I need to build:

A helmet with a webcam and a 802.11 link, preferably a secure one.  I
don't know if the WRT54G support USB, I'll google for that in a few
minutes.  Assuming so here is what I'd like to do:

1. have one wrt54g mounted on the helmet itself with a webcam
connected via USB (this one must be battery operated) - no wires can
extend to the helmet.
2. have a second wrt54g acting as the web server, the photos from the
helmet can be pushed back from the helmet via a tunnel of some fashion.

Absolute nirvana would be some way (asterisk?) to push voice to the
helmet from a remote location.

It sounds like fun to me, does anyone want to help with this project?

Greg