[TriLUG] Music Files (and a small rant)

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:30:56 EDT 2005

I rather like that at any time, I *can* listen to any one of my
songs, and don't have to keep paying for the privilege of doing so.

So when you consider that I'm likely to keep moving my music on with
me to new computers and such, and it will be listenable for, say, 60
years until I die...and that I'll need internet access to be able to
listen to it... so we have cost for internet service (we'll call it
just $20/month, even though it'll be a while before broadband is that
cheap here), plus another round $7 for yahoo's music service. don't
forget the few hundred bucks i'll need to spend every couple years to
keep an up-to-date windows PC to listen to the streams on, and that I
can't listen to them in my car, on my iPod, in my cd player...

and its not worth it.

~ian

Ian Meyer  - ianmeyer at mac.com, ianmeyer at gmail.com

GPG Key ID: B779F2D4
     Fingerprint: FF2D F47B DCEB 4434 7DFF 9078 F857 DFC4 B779 F2D4

- Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time
machine... out of a DeLorean?
- The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car,
why not do it with some style?