[TriLUG] reputable IT recruiters in the area

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov
Wed May 25 13:24:18 EDT 2005

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi at epa.gov,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph at epa.gov

trilug-bounces at trilug.org wrote on 05/25/2005 11:34:54 AM:

> The Triangle area is (or was) home to a great many high-
> tech and IT-sector
> businesses, due to Gov. Martin creating incentives to
> locate here in the
> late 1980's and early 1990's to create the second largest
> concentration of
> high-tech companies and operations in the country -- well
> supported by the
> research capabilities and graduates of several major
> universities in the
> area.

As part of a talk I gave to NCSA last year

http://www.austintek.com/outsourcing/

I phoned Congressman Price's office in DC to see what they
were doing about the loss of computer related jobs in the
area. They said "what do you mean?" I explained the problem
whereupon they said that he'd voted money for infrastructure
(roads and sewers).

Joe