[TriLUG] fun (yet stupid) new linux project!

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:33:38 EDT 2005

Well, at least you recognize that it sounds dumb...

WRT54G ain't the right tool here -- don't believe you'll get USB
support there (if memory serves, there are no SCSI drivers in
OpenWRT).  You might be able to come up with some IDE file transfer
kludge here using the SD-reader hack, but you're many hops away from
making that work.

I like the Bluetooth idea here, but where, pray tell, is your power
source in all of this?  And who exactly are you planning on wearing
this tumor-generator?

If you're planning on donning a mask and cape along with this helmet
and running through women's locker rooms (like you used to), I'll help
where I can.

Shane O.

On 5/24/05, Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Okay, as dumb as this sounds here is what I need to build:
>
> A helmet with a webcam and a 802.11 link, preferably a secure one.  I
> don't know if the WRT54G support USB, I'll google for that in a few
> minutes.  Assuming so here is what I'd like to do:
>
> 1. have one wrt54g mounted on the helmet itself with a webcam
> connected via USB (this one must be battery operated) - no wires can
> extend to the helmet.
> 2. have a second wrt54g acting as the web server, the photos from the
> helmet can be pushed back from the helmet via a tunnel of some fashion.
>
> Absolute nirvana would be some way (asterisk?) to push voice to the
> helmet from a remote location.
>
> It sounds like fun to me, does anyone want to help with this project?
>
> Greg

Shane O.
========
Shane O'Donnell