[TriLUG] Music Files (and a small rant)

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Thu May 26 09:57:59 EDT 2005

> This is just an estimation out of my butt, but I believe Pearl Jam would
> probably go for at least $150,000 - $200,000 for one show.

as $WIFE is a *huge* pearl jam fan, it's worth pointing out that they
are one of the most fan-oriented bands out there, at least among the big
names.  these are the guys who did an entire (albeit shortened) tour in
1995 w/o ticketmaster to protest their monopolistic pricing.  and on
their tour a few years ago, they released "official bootlegs" that,
while not free to buy, can be legally copied and shared with other fans
(the band actually encouraged it).

also, in her words..."And there is no way they are making that much $
per show.  Pearl Jam has kept their ticket and merchandise prices much
lower throughout the years than other bands.  Tickets are usually no
more than $30.00 (without ticketrapesters fees) and t-shirts average
$20.00 per show."

jason