[TriLUG] Linksys questions...

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:27:41 EDT 2005

Good idea!

http://tbcorp.homeip.net/brown.net/openwrt/

Sadly I think I somehow bricked on my units last night.  I was trying
to do 10 things at once.  I managed to tftp the wrt image up to the
router which rebooted.  I telneted in to 192.168.1.1 ran ipkg update
then ipkg install dropbear (the ssh server).  I then set a root
password and rebooted (before rebooting I did make sure I could ssh
into the unit and I could so I was in at the same time via telnet and
ssh).

The post reboot result?  I can no longer telnet into the router
(session starts, then fails), even though I did not stop the telnet
server, and I get 'refused' errors when I try to ssh into the router.
I tried to scramble it's brain by resetting it to defaults but still I
get the same errors.  I'll try to plug away at it tonight when I get
some time to actually work on the thing in peace.

Shane: what was the method you showed us at the trilug meeting where
you were able to bridge something on the motherboard to put it back
into a tftp waiting phase?  These units I am working with are rev 2
units.

Greg