[TriLUG] wirelss G pci card which is supported by linux, fedora 3, x86

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun May 29 10:51:48 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 08:29 -0400, Ralph Blach wrote:
> I need a wireless g card/pci  that is supported well under fedora core
> 3, x86.
>
> Does anybody suggestions?

Hi Ralph,

The netgate.com folks have a cardbus card that supposedly works with
Linux (madWiFi driver) and supports 802.11a/b/g along with a PCI-to-
cardbus adapter:

  http://www.netgate.com/index.php?cPath=26_39

Alternatively, they also offer a PCI-to-miniPCI adapter that you could
use with one of the miniPCI cards that they sell:

  http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?products_id=221
  http://www.netgate.com/index.php?cPath=26_34

And officially, they do not "support" Linux on any of these products but
they claim that numerous people have gotten them to work.

I have not purchased the above so I can't provide any first-hand
knowledge.  However, I did buy one of their 2511CDPlus cards a few
months ago and was pleased with how nicely it worked with the Linux
hostap driver.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD