[TriLUG] automatic calling software for school

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 1 15:13:33 EDT 2005

I don't know about. Asterisk is fairly robust these days and the
system is likely not to be exposed to the slings and arrows of the
internet.

It should be a no brainer to give them an icon on the desktop that
opens up a text file and lets them put in phone number (one per line,
please). Then all they do is dial in, leave a message and let the
scripting do the rest.

I wouldn't use "modem" cards but real FXO cards for hooking up a few
analog phone lines. If you want to keep it really secure only allow
dial-in from a local line directly connected to the Asterisk box.

The same box could also have a text based email list so that folks can
get the wav file (from the message) blasted to them that way instead...

Asterisk has moved far beyond the experimental stage. It's main stream
now.

BTW: there are some local Asterisk consultants (probably on the TriLUG
list) so you can have the best of both worlds: a cheap PBX/autodialer
and local support.

Good Luck,

Mr. QoS