[TriLUG] OT - Sony Vaio PCG-F580 - and spare battery PCGA-BP71A

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:02:19 EDT 2005

Parts for a donation?

I have the above laptop, it has a cracked LCD screen, still 70%
readable, some splotches, and 50% of the readable area looks like a
film negative.  However, I believe external VGA connection is still
fully functional.  It has a probably dead harddrive in it, takes the
slimmer laptop kind, was originally a 12GB one.  I put a probably dead
30GB in there just to have an excuse to put all the screws back in
place.

With a new harddrive and a pcmcia NIC, it could make a cute little
linux server that has built in battery backup for someone interested.
It also has the DVD drive, however not CDRW.

I have a separate "appears to have been never opened" spare battery
that fits this laptop and maybe other Sony Vaios too??

Will take donation if someone wants to claim both or either.  Email
offlist I'm sure is preferred by the group.

Thanks,
David McD