[TriLUG] Linux and food...

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Sat Jun 4 10:43:24 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to the list (and new to Linux as well) and hope to attend my
first Trilug meeting this coming Thursday evening.  I've got Yoper
installed now on my Dell Latitude C610 (dual boot with WinXP) after
having had a sluggish Fedora Core 3 install, but the RPM system doesn't
seem to work too well (it halts during downloads) and ATI Radeon support
is weak - I get artifacts on the desktop when moving icons, etc.  If
anyone has tips on how to try to fix this I'm all ears, but my plan now
is to tackle a Gentoo installation;  with luck I'll be running it by the
time I attend the meeting.

But enough about Linux - let's talk about food!

I live in Roanoke Rapids so I'm planning on driving down in the early
afternoon, do some "big city" stuff like visit music and computer shops,
then grab dinner and head to the meeting.  I'm looking for
recommendations of restaurants close to the meeting site.  We don't have
many ethnic restaurants in RR with the exception of three or so Chinese,
so if you know of an Indian, Greek, Thai or whatever place nearby with
good food and that's reasonably inexpensive I'd sure like to know about it.

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting many of you this
Thursday evening!

Tom Eisenmenger

P.S. If any of you know of John Eisenmenger, formerly of Duke U. and now
with IBM, he's my younger brother.  I know he's been active with Linux
for quite a while now, just don't know if he was ever a Trilug member...