[TriLUG] installing OpenNMS

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Mon Jun 6 15:13:10 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> You know, I was just about to start messing with Tomcat4 to get
> OpenNMS working and it hit me: is there a yum server with OpenNMS and
> it's dependencies in existence?  I googled but couldn't find one.  It
> would be a nice, easy way to get OpenNMS up and running, though I am
> sure that it is more difficult then I am imagining.

We used to keep one, but then we started having to maintain so many
distros it became difficult. Plus, we can't have one on Sourceforge,
and we were hoping to have our stats reflect on the amount of work
we've been doing (we get 4000+ downloads a month).

Of course, after a 6 month wait, stats are broken again (although we
were in the top 500 projects before it went down).

We're getting ready to migrate to a new server that I might be able
to set up a repository on. Until then, the easiest way to install
OpenNMS is on Debian (we have an apt-repo) or OSX via fink.

Please check out the install guide on Sourceforge. It is actually
pretty complete. We also have Tomcat4 RPMs on the ftp server: ftp://
ftp.opennms.org/pub/dependencies.

-T

___
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer            Main:        +1 919 545 2553
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                    Fax:         +1 503-961-7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                   URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C