[TriLUG] Wireless Broadband

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Mon Jun 6 21:06:55 EDT 2005

Okay, so Raleigh just isn't full of open WiFi hot-spots, and it'd really
be nice to have wireless broadband. Is anyone subscribed to such a
service? Does one really even exist yet in this area?

I tried signing up for the free Nextel Wireless Broadband trial last
year, but didn't get accepted. It's been a year, the trial is over, and
it doesn't look like they've rolled the service out publicly.

Verizon has wireless broadband, but Raleigh isn't one of its supported
cities.

Are we just that insignificant? I would really hate to have to start
using my cellphone for dial-up... that's just asinine!

Best,
Aaron