[TriLUG] Jabber server outage

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 8 11:20:58 EDT 2005

Where did you come across this?  There's a right way to do it.  Other
clients don't seem to have a problem with it.  It's defined by JEP-0077.
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0077.html  If a client wants to know
how to register it should send this:

<iq type='get' id='reg1'>
   <query xmlns='jabber:iq:register'/>
</iq>

If supported, the server will respond with precisely what fields are
required to register.  If there's an old method, it's no longer in the
standards.  If it comes down to it, the old method should be ignored if
that's what it takes to support the new method.

Joel