[TriLUG] Good PC Parts shop in Raleigh area?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:22:49 EDT 2005

> Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:25:58 -0400
> From: Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net>
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Good PC Parts shop in Raleigh area?
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
>
> Randall Barlow wrote:
> > Tom Eisenmenger wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all,
> >>Can anyone recommend a good PC parts shop in the Raleigh area?
> >

> > Try Tiger Direct on capital blvd.  http://www.tigerdirect.com
> >
> > Randy
>
> he said a -good- PC parts shop.  tiger direct files frivolous lawsuits
> against apple, intrex sponsors their local LUG.  you decide which one
> deserves your business.
>
> jason

I'll have to relay another Tiget Direct horror story.  I bought a Soyo
combo case(mb and case) from Tiger Direct because I needed fast and
cheap - well I have paid for it.  Ended up getting bad memory, which
later according to mb manufacturer's website was NOT compatible.  I
had to take the unit back twice for them to determine this and got
charged for diags because even though I bought all parts there THEY
did not put them in the case.  Plus the cheap part of the whole reason
for buying there did not quite workout that well either because of the
rebate hassle.  Needless to say after numerous emails and phonecalls I
finally received my last rebate - 8 months later!

All I have to say is that I should have went to Intrex like I had in
the past and will go there in the future.

l8r,

Mike