[TriLUG] upgrading to a bigger HD

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Wed Jun 8 17:08:44 EDT 2005

I'm trying to upgrade my Thinkpad to a new HD.  It has WinXP on it.
I've tried Ghost 9.0, but no joy (it looks like Ghost isn't as good
as it used to be).   Basically, I need to copy the partitions to a
new, larger HD, along with the MBR.

Since I've been looking for an excuse to try out Knoppix, is there
any tool on Knoppix (or any other CD-bootable Linux distro) that
would help me accomplish this task?

Note that I don't need the partitions resized (although it would be
a bonus!), I could use Partition Magic, if necessary.  There is a
combination of NTFS and FAT32 partitions on the drive.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software