[TriLUG] Moving to the area this weekend

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:50:25 EDT 2005

I second the motion for anything cable related.  I have some clients
on DSL and I have to say that I am more impressed with the throughput
of cable vs. any DSL I've used.  That said, if you can afford it, we
have litterly dozens of bandwidth providers that can get you anything
from a frac-t1 to DS-3s, even to 100 meg (maybe beyond that).  As they
said in Max Max, "speed is just a question of money, how fast do you
want to go?"

On a side note, welcome to the area.  I moved here some 14 years ago
from Arizona and promptly declared that as soon as I was done with
school I was outta here.  Now I can't really imagine living anywhere
else.  This place has a way of growing on you after a couple of years.

One great little-known thing about this area: you can get free beer!
No it's true, and good stuff, too.  Go on the Carolina Brewery tour on
Saturday at 1:00 (http://www.carolinabrew.com/tour.html) and they'll
turn the taps on for a half hour before and after the tour.  Go for
the Carolina Pale Ale and their new India Pale Ale.  Yum.

Gerg