[TriLUG] Lexmark Utils in Linux

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Jun 10 09:43:54 EDT 2005

Hi Y'all,
   This may be a bit esoteric, but...  Anyone know how to get some
utilities, i.e. head alignment and cleaning, in Linux for a Lexmark Z600
(aka Dell Photo Printer 720)?  Lexmark is no help whatsoever.  There's a
really poorly-documented "Linux SDK" available from them, but nothing
ready-made.
   It's a bit of an issue because my color print heads are about a
millimeter out of line with the black heads, making color printouts look
pretty rough.  Imagine a syntax-highlighted printout of code, where all
the color-highlighted keywords are jogged downward about a millimeter
from the rest of the text.  Not unusable, but rather annoying.

So's anyone else out there got a Dell Photo Printer 720 / Lexmark
Z600-series inkjet on a Linux host and figured out how to get utilities
to go?  I've tried installing the Win32 Lexmark utilities under Wine,
but they always fail at a particular point.

Thanks!

~Brian