[TriLUG] Jabber usernames

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Sun Jun 12 10:19:57 EDT 2005

The user directory service that Joel mentions is the jabber
equivalent of /list and /whois.
The problem that you are probably encountering in trillian and gaim
is that multi-protocol clients are notorious for not supporting the
whole protocol, even in the case of an open protocol such as jabber.
I'm not too familiar with either of them, but you want to look for
user directory under "services" or something similar. If you don't
find anything, try one of the jabber-only clients.

As far as "have to know" goes, that is true even for IRC... you have
to know to use /list and /whois :-)